Maria Cubillos Reed for Family Court Judge - Monroe County NY
A Note from Maria
My name is Maria Cubillos Reed, and I am running for Monroe County Family Court
Judge. My goal is to build a strong foundation for the future of our community’s most vulnerable citizens, our children, one case at a time. I am passionate about meeting families, listening to their stories, and helping them find success in their lives and the lives of their children.
I am proud to be the only candidate running who speaks Spanish, and if elected, I would become Monroe County’s first Hispanic Family Court Judge. My family came to the United States from Colombia when I was eight years old. My parents sacrificed everything for my sisters and me, leaving the country they loved and our family behind to give us a better future. I have seen firsthand what having a high level of support can accomplish, and I’ve always wanted to extend that to others.
It starts with family because family is everything. My husband and I instilled that motto in our daughters the same way it was in us growing up.
I currently have a law practice focusing primarily on family law. I am in Family Court daily, representing parents, legal guardians, foster parents, and most importantly, children in abuse and neglect, custody, and juvenile delinquency matters. I have the background and experience necessary to be an effective, compassionate, and fair judge.
Record of Service
Maria Cubillos Reed has been recognized by several organizations for her legal accomplishments and serves on multiple legal committees.
- Recognized as one of the region's top power players in the legal industry for Rochester Business Journal and New York Daily Record's Power 50 Law list – 2023
- Honored by the Rochester Business Journal as a Woman of Excellence - 2023
- Awarded the Western Bar Association of Women Attorneys’ Hanna S. Cohn award for pro bono service – 2022
- Honored by the Daily Record with the Excellence in Law - Top Women in Law Award – 2021
- Awarded the Empire State Counsel Award for performing over 50 hours of pro bono service to low-income individuals – 2017
- Serves on the Advisory Committee of the Appellate Division, Fourth Department, Attorney for the Child Program
- Serves on the Monroe County Assigned Council Advisory Board