Maria Cubillos Reed for Family Court Judge - Monroe County NY
To donate by check
Make payable to: “Maria Cubillos Reed for Family Court” and mail to: 110 Linden Oaks Dr. Suite B, Rochester, NY 14625
A Note from Maria
My name is Maria Cubillos Reed and I am running for Monroe County Family Court Judge.
My goal is to build a strong foundation for the future of our community’s most vulnerable citizens, our children, one case at a time. I am passionate about meeting families, listening to their stories, and helping them find success in their lives and the lives of their children.
I am proud to be the only candidate running who speaks Spanish. I would be honored to continue my service as Monroe County’s first Hispanic Family Court Judge. My family came to the United States from Colombia when I was eight years old. My parents sacrificed everything for my sisters and me, leaving the country they loved and our family behind to give us a better future. I have seen firsthand what having a high level of support can accomplish, and I’ve always wanted to extend that to others.
It starts with family because family is everything. My husband and I instilled that motto in our daughters the same way it was in us growing up.
Appointed as Family Court judge by Governor Hochul in 2023, my prior legal work centered on family law, advocating for parents, legal guardians, foster parents, and, crucially, children in abuse and neglect, custody, and juvenile delinquency cases. This background has shaped me into a just, empathetic, and capable judge.
Record of Service
Maria Cubillos Reed has been recognized by several organizations for her legal accomplishments and serves on multiple legal committees.
- Appointed to Family Court Judge by Governor Kathy Hochul
- Over 20 years of legal experience with extensive experience in Family Court
- First Hispanic judge in Monroe County Family Court history
- Fluent in Spanish
- University of Rochester, B.A; Boston University, J.D.
- Rated by the Rochester Black Bar Association as Highly Qualified and Highly Sensitive
- Rated by the Greater Rochester Association for Women Attorneys as Well Qualified and Commended
- 2022,2023 Rochester Business Journal Power 50 Lawyer
- 2023 Rochester Business Journal Woman of Excellence
- Daily Record’s Top Women in Law Award, Power 50 Law list – 2023
- Daily Record’s Excellence in Law - Top Women in Law Award – 2021
- Empire State Counsel Hanna S. Cohn award for pro bono service in 2022
- Awarded the Empire State Counsel Award for performing over 50 hours of pro bono service to low-income individuals – 2017